Angelina County, Texas
Cities, Towns & Communities
Burke | Cheeseland | Diboll | Emporia | Eudora | Ewing | Homer (Angelina) | Hoshall | Hudson | Huntington | Ivy | Jonesville | Lufkin – county seat | Marion | Manning |Mott | Oma | Pollok | Shawnee | Whitehouse | Zavalla
Angelina County. Created and organized in 1846. Originally a part of Nacogdoches County. Bears the name of the river traversing the region. The following towns have served as the county seat: Marion, 1846-1854; Jonesville, 1854-1858; Homer, Feb. 3 – May 17, 1858, when its name was changed to Angelina, 1858 – 1890; Lufkin 1890.
Ivy, Ora, Eudora and Mott, are small trading points, with a store and post office, situated in different parts of the county.
History and Description of Angelina County, Texas 1888.
Lufkin, TX 31° 20′ 17.6676″ N, 94° 43′ 44.7492″ W