Jackson County, on U.S. Highway 59 in the Coastal Prairies region southwest of Houston, borders both Lavaca Bay and Carancahua Bay and is bounded by Calhoun, Victoria, Lavaca, Colorado, Wharton, and Matagorda counties.
Cities, Towns & Communities
Texana served as the county seat at the county’s inception in 1836. The first courthous building was built there in 1858. In 1883 voters elected to move the county seat to the new town of Edna. A new courthouse was built in Edna in 1884; it burned in June 1900. A third courthouse was built in 1906, a three-story brick Beaux-Arts style domed-building. The current courthouse was built in 1954.
Edna, TX 28° 58′ 42.942″ N, 96° 38′ 45.9168″ W