Verbena, Texas, is located on Farm Road 2008 about twelve miles northeast of Post in northeast Garza County.
Verbena Community Church. Named for Mrs. J. B. Cotton, a charter member. Built 1904, replacing brush arbor used by all denominations in summertime services. Became shelter from blizzards. Only duty of a refugee here was replacement of wood burned. Each must chop enough to warm next distress party. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1964. Historical marker text, 1965.
Marker Location: From Post, take Hwy. 380 East about 10 miles, then take Hwy. 2008 about 5 miles north
Verbena, TX 33° 16' 37.848" N, 101° 11' 44.5812" W