Echo is located on Highway 206, about ten miles northeast of Coleman. Echo was first settled in the 1870s; the name comes from the Echo Ranch that was settled in the area in the 1880s. Some surnames of early settlers were: Dibrell, Elkins, Jones, Parson, Edmundson, Buck, Pearce, Walker, Frenzell, Saxton.
Oil was found in Echo in 1926. At the time, Echo had two general stores, a cotton gin, a gasoline plant, gas station, blacksmith shop, drug store, and short-order cafe.
31° 55' 41.52" N, 99° 19' 4.224" W
See map: Google Maps, Yahoo! Maps, MapQuest