Floydada History 1922. Floydada, the county seat, had a population in 1910 of 664. and has greatly improved since the railroad came. It now has two banks, with deposits averaging slightly under $2,000,000; five churches, two of which are magnificent buildings, and its schools are affiliated with the Texas University. Grain, cotton, hogs, cattle, poultry and dairy products are the principal commodities shipped from Floydada. Several large mercantile establishments make it a desirable trading point. - History of Texas, 1922, by W. Barrett Travis.
Floydada, TX 33° 59' 4.2828" N, 101° 20' 15.5652" W