Graham 1922. The town of Graham was founded about 1874 by Mr. E. S. Graham, who was largely interested in the Peters colony, which did much for the advertisement of the section of country lying northwest of Fort Worth. It has a population of 2.560. according to the census, but has been granted a special charter as a city of 3,000. which is a result of the recent oil development in that city. Its assessed valuation for 1920 is $2,364,649.
There are six churches, two national banks, one state bank, the total deposits of which are around $1,500,000. It owns the water works and sanitary sewers, has electric lights and the usual business enterprises incident to a city of its size. The Graham Mill & Elevator Company is a model plant and one of the largest in the state. An adequate supply of natural gas has been discovered about ten miles from the city, and within the next few months will be piped to the city.