Lasara. Formed out of the San Juan Carricitos Spanish land grant, the townsite of Lasara was developed in 1926 by W. A. Harding and Lamar Gill. The names of their wives, Laura Harding and Sara Gill, were combined to form the name of the town. During 1926, a post office was established, a Union Sunday School was organized, and the schoolhouse at this site was begun. Lasara School long has played an important role as a social center for community activities. The town, once a center for cattle shipping, continues to be a focal point for the surrounding rural area. Historical marker text, 1985. Marker location: Lasara School, E. Sixth St., Lasara.
Lasara Texas History from the Handbook of Texas Online.