Texas History, Genealogy, Old Photos, Postcards, Maps, and Information.
Javascript is required to view this map.

Sand Flat, Texas

Sand Flat, a crossroads church community located on Farm Roads 857 and 1255, fourteen miles northeast of Canton in northeastern Van Zandt County, was named for its location on level sandy land.

History

 In 1936 it had twenty-five residents, two churches, two businesses, a school, and a number of dwellings. The Padgett Cemetery was a mile away on Farm Road 857. A 1965 highway map showed two churches and a cemetery at the site, but by 1981 only the cemetery and scattered dwellings remained. Source: Handbook of Texas Online.

Location

32° 37' 38.496" N, 95° 39' 1.872" W