Rock Creek, Texas
The settlement was probably named for nearby Rock Creek, and the Rock Creek School operated by the 1880s. At that time the Pleasant Hill Baptist Church relocated to the school building. Around the early 1900s the Lower Rock Creek School and the Upper Rock Creek School served farming families in the vicinity. By the 1930s the community had one elementary school, the church, and a nearby cemetery. In the mid-1940s, with a total attendance of less than twenty students, the Rock Creek School was consolidated with the Glen Rose School District. The Baptist church was officially renamed the Rock Creek Baptist Church in the 1950s, and a new church building was constructed. It continued to operate throughout the twentieth century. In 2000 Rock Creek had a population of thirty-eight. Source: The Handbook of Texas Online
Rock Creek Cemetery is located on FM 202 in Rock Creek. The cemetery contains over 200 graves, with the oldest stones dating back to 1860.