Millsap. The history of Millsap dates back to the time when travelers stopped at the Fuller Millsap home on Rock Creek, a place distinguished for many Indian raids, the stage line passing there from Palo Pinto to Weatherford and points east. A store there was owned by Uncle Ben Porter (father of Frank and Boyd Porter of Weatherford). When the Texas and Pacific Railroad built through this section the post-office was moved to the railroad and the new town was called Millsap, perpetuating the name of this pioneer family.
History of Parker County and the Double Log Cabin: being a brief symposium of the early history of Parker County, together with short biographical sketches of early settlers and their trials, Weatherford, Tex, 1937, page 118