Hiner. According to local tradition the community of Hiner was established mainly through the efforts of James J. Barnett who settled in Parker County in 1857. Area family legends and accounts of Barnett helping newcomers with transportation and temporary housing abound. Wade Chapel Methodist Church, built on land donated by Mary W. Wade adjacent to the Hiner Cemetery about 1870, served as a school and community center; the Reverend James Hiner was its first minister. The cemetery, with graves dating to 1872, contains the graves of at least seven veterans of the American Civil War. - Historical Marker Text. Marker erected 1992. Location: From Weatherford, take Old Dennis Road south about 12 miles to intersection with Hiner Road, continue south on Hiner Road about .5 mile to Hiner Cemetery.