Texas History, Genealogy, Old Photos, Postcards, Maps, and Information.
Javascript is required to view this map.

Sycamore, Texas

Sycamore was on Sycamore Creek and the Galveston, Harrisburg and San Antonio Railway eighteen miles west of Brackettville in far west Kinney County. Map location (above) approximate.

History

The community was evidently established sometime during the westward extension of the GH&SA road through Kinney County in 1883. A Sycamore school, which served as the community center and church meetinghouse, was operated for a short while after 1910; seven students were taught by Roy McIntosh at the school in 1914. The community appears to have been abandoned by 1946. Source: Handbook of Texas Online.

Location

29° 23' 30.534" N, 100° 42' 12.7764" W