Macie was established in 1912 by J. T. Fehlis of Yorktown, Texas. A one-room schoolhouse was constructed there in 1913, and in 1915 a post office called Macie was granted. The Fehlis School was enlarged the same year and recorded seventeen students and two teachers. The school name was changed to Macie in 1918. An influenza epidemic in 1919 led to the deaths of ten students and many adults in the community. By 1925 many buildings, including residences and the Macie School, had been dismantled and sold. The Macie post office was discontinued in 1926, but the Macie School continued to operate on a nearby ranch until 1928. The abandoned Macie School and several scattered dwellings are evident on the 1946 county highway map. By 1978 the community had been abandoned. Source: Handbook of Texas Online.