First Presbyterian Church Building. The Rev. Donald Frazier and nine charter members organized the First Presbyterian Church of Anson in 1882. This structure, the congregation's third sanctuary, was built in 1929. After membership declined in the 1970s, the congregation was dissolved in 1984. The building was donated to the city of Anson for use as a community museum. A simple vernacular structure, it features minimal brick detailing and stained glass windows. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark-1990. - Historical Marker Text. Located at 1300 Avenue K, Anson.
First United Methodist Church of Anson. This congregation was organized in 1882 by the Rev. J. C. Strickland, a pioneer Methodist circuit rider. In 1908, during the pastorate of the Rev. W. H. Terry, local builder Thomas Veitch constructed this Romanesque Revival building for the church. The original bell tower was eventually lowered to avoid possible wind damage. Later additions to the sanctuary reflect the growth of the church, a leader in Anson's development for over a century. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark -1982 - Historical Marker Text. Located at 832 Commercial St., Anson.