Farmer's & Merchants Gin, Victoria, Texas 1908
Farmers and Merchants Cotton Gin Warehouse. 1905. 402 S. East.
Farmers and Merchants Gin Co. started operation at the turn of the century southeast of E. Juan Linn and S. East streets adjacent to the Southern Pacific tracks. The successful company had expanded enough by 1915 to construct a fireproof warehouse for storing their commoditions; the resulting structure was an exceptionally finely detailed warehouse with slight classical references. This is the only structure that remains from the old complex.
Photo from a 1908 postcard.