|Hetty, Texas Depot Looking South early 1900s|
Hetty was one of several communities established in the early 1890s by the president of the Texas-Midland Railroad, Edward H. R. Green, and was named in honor of his mother, Hetty Green. The Hetty community had a post office from 1901 to 1907. Like many railroad communities established in the late 1800s, Hetty eventually declined. By the mid-1940s it was merely a switch on the Midland line. Source: Handbook of Texas Online.