Its opening on March 2nd, 1927, was made possible by the Southern Pacific Railroad extending its lines through the valley.
The Elsa Townsite Company, consisting of H. L. Seay, H. B. Seay, and William George, was organized, and activities incident to the building of a town were under way.
The town was planned by Major Wood, city engineer of Dallas. His plan has many distinctive features. The streets radiate like the spokes of a wheel—two diagonal boulevards lined with palms, providing access to business and shipping districts. Continue reading Elsa History Written in 1937 >>
Elsa Public Library
711 N Hidalgo St
Elsa, TX 78543
Phone: (956) 262-3061 Website