Lanham, a ghost town in eastern Hamilton County, was settled in the late 1870s and had a population of thirty-five in 1890. Several stores were operated during the town's lifetime, including those of Louis Lanham (1890), S. J. Jenkins (1892), and William B. Seymour (1896). The town had a post office from 1884 until 1907. The population was 128 in 1910, when Lanham had a gin, a school, two churches, and three businesses. In 1947 the thirty residents supported a school, a church, and one business. Subsequently all the residents moved. Source: Handbook of Texas Online.