Driver Cemetery. Julius Driver (1795-1883) migrated from Georgia in 1852, buying some Faulkenberry headright land, and later giving 4.5 acres for this cemetery. A daughter-in-law, Mary Groover (Mrs. William G.) Driver, was first person buried here, in 1869. Driver also gave site in 1878 for nearby Hicks Spring Church and school. There the Confederate veterans of Freestone County had their first reunion in 1890. The recorded deed of cemetery to the public was made by a subsequent landowner, John Hays, in 1901. The Driver Cemetery Association has governed the property since 1915. There are now (1975) 673 graves. Historical marker text, 1975. Marker location: from Teague take US 84 about 3 mi. NE to CR 620, then go east about 1/4 mi. to cemetery.