Fisher County Courthouses
Fisher County has had three courthouses, all in the county seat of Roby.
First Fisher County Courthouse, Roby - The first Fisher County Courthouse was a two story square frame building built in 1886. It was used until a new courthouse was built in 1910.
|Fisher County Courthouse, built in 1910. The dome was removed in 1953.|
Second Fisher County Courthouse, Roby - Built in 1910, the Classic Revival Style Building was designed by architect Andrew J. Bryan. This 2 1/2 story brick structure had an unusual building footprint and a grand temple entry portico supported by four giant order Ionic columns. The dome was removed in 1953. The building was used until the current courthouse opened in 1972.
According to TexasEscapes.com, when the courthouse was no longer in use, building was cut in half and both sections sold and used for houses.
Current Fisher County Courthouse, Roby - Modern two story brick building built in 1972.