Plum History 1902. Plum lies eight miles from La Grange on the Missouri, Kansas & Texas Railroad. The surrounding country is prairie and postoak. It is a postoffice and a voting precinct of the county and consists of two stores, one saloon, two gins and two blacksmith shops. There is a resident physician in Plum.
Plum has a Baptist Church, called Plum Grove Church, of which Rev. Q. T. Simpson is the pastor. There is also a Catholic Church at the place.
The population is American, German and Bohemian. Old settlers: Buck Drisdale, Ed. Manton (deceased), .Jno. Drisdale (deceased), Jim O'Donnell. - Fayette County, Her History and Her People, Schulenburg, Texas, 1902