Muldoon History 1902. Muldoon is a railroad station on the Waco branch of the San Antonio & Aransas Pass Railroad, midway between Flatonia and West Point. In its neighborhood are the large rock quarries of Hon A. B. Kerr, from which rock was shipped to Galveston for the construction of the jetties. The surrounding country is mostly postoak. The Buckner's Creek bottom in its neighborhood is very fertile. Muldoon is a postoffice and a voting precinct of the county. It consists of one general merchandise store, conducted by Kerr Bros., one saloon, one hotel, one blacksmith shop. In Dr. H. H. Mitchell, who has been a resident physician of Muldoon since 1891, the writer found a pleasant gentleman, a physician of fine standing among the people with whom he lives.
The Muldoon country was settled in the thirties. It was named after Rev. Father Miguel Muldoon, a resident Catholic priest of Mexico, to whom the Mexican government had granted four leagues of land in Fayette county. On one of these leagues the town of Muldoon is situated. It was built in 1886. The population of town and neighborhood is mostly American, with, a sprinkling of Germans and Bohemians. Among the old settlers may be mentioned Alex. St. Clair, H. Leitenberg, Chas. Luck, Jesse Parker, W. P. Ivey, Jesse Blackwell, J. J. Sullivan, Herm. Loessin, Bennett Ray, J. M. Bay, IT. Harkins. - Fayette County, Her History and Her People, Schulenburg, Texas, 1902