Moravan History 1902. The Moravan settlement lies in Navidad Prairie, about seven miles southwest of La Grange and two miles south of the La Grange-Flatonia road. It consists of a fine Catholic Church, a store and saloon. The land is fertile and occupied mostly by Bohemian settlers. Moravan has no postoffice. It used to be a voting precinct of the county. The first settlers in that settlement were W. Brookfield, John A. Huebner, — Evans and Willrich. It was settled in the forties.
In Moravan, the K. J. T., a Bohemian Roman Catholic Benevolent Union of Texas, was organized and incorporated on August 15, 1895. It consists of 36 lodges and does an insurance business, limited to Texas. Most of its members live in Fayette County. The total insurance in force amounts to $647,400.
The society commenced business in July, 1899. Last year they paid out $9000 in death claims. The officers of the organization are : Rev. J. Chromcik, Spiritual Director, Fayetteville; F. A. Parma, President, Praha, Texas; F. C. Janda, Secretary, La Grange. These data speak better of the energy, ability and solid standing of its officers than any words of the writer. They speak for themselves and are a high credit to the energy, will power and business talent of the Bohemian element. - Fayette County, Her History and Her People, Schulenburg, Texas, 1902