Texas History, Genealogy, Old Photos, Postcards, Maps, and Information.
Javascript is required to view this map.

Freyburg, Texas

History

Freyburg History 1902. Freyburg is situated about seven miles north of Engle; one-half a mile east of the East Navidad in a fine looking prairie. It lies in one of the richest agricultural sections of the county. It is a postoffice and a voting place. As voting place it goes by the name of Thulemeyer's. A fine M. E. Church building gathers in its roomy aisle a devoted Methodist congregation. Rev. F. Bomfalk is the preacher in that church. The mercantile business of that place was established in the year 1868 by Mr. F. Thulemeyer; it is now owned by Mr. C. F. Thulemeyer. There are also a gin and a blacksmith shop close to the place. The population is German and Bohemian. Among the first settlers were F. Thulemeyer, B. Warnken, Fr. Burns, J. Romberg, Bernh. Romberg, F. W. Richter, John Czichos, Aug. Hahn, Fritz Laux. - Fayette County, Her History and Her People, Schulenburg, Texas, 1902

Location

29° 45' 27.828" N, 96° 57' 59.94" W