Texas History, Genealogy, Old Photos, Postcards, Maps, and Information.
Javascript is required to view this map.

Colony, Texas

History

Colony History 1902. Colony is situated eight miles northwest of Flatonia. The surrounding country is sandy and loamy postoak. It has one store, a blacksmith shop and three churches. The Baptist Church is in charge of Rev. J. M. Frierson, the Christian Church in charge of Rev. G. M. D. Thomason, and the Methodist Church is at present without a preacher. It was settled in 1880 by Mississippians; it was named by them Colony as colony of Mississippians. The population is American. - Fayette County, Her History and Her People, Schulenburg, Texas, 1902

Location

29° 46' 8.832" N, 97° 10' 43.968" W