Texas History, Genealogy, Old Photos, Postcards, Maps, and Information.
Javascript is required to view this map.

Black Jack Springs, Texas

History

Black Jack Springs History 1902. Black Jack Springs is situated about ten miles southwest of La Grange on the La Grange-Flatonia road, on the north side of the rich and fertile Navidad Prairie. North of Black Jack Springs is postoak. Black Jack Springs is the name of a post office and a voting precinct of Fayette County. It was settled in the early fifties. Among the first settlers were the Gorham, Dr. Routh, J. P. Romberg, G. W. Tuttle, Jones and O. B. Fitzgerald families. The population is American, German and Bohemian. There is a Lutheran Church in the settlement with Rev. ----- Kern as preacher. - Fayette County, Her History and Her People, Schulenburg, Texas, 1902

Location

29° 53' 22.704" N, 96° 50' 6.36" W