Jot 'Em Down, Texas
Jot 'Em Down, was also known as Mohegan, Muddig Prairie, and Bagley. The community is located at the intersection of Farm Roads 904 and 1532, in extreme western Delta County.
The area was part of the James H. Larabee survey and was occupied by 1885, when the Bagley School opened. In 1905 the school enrolled forty-six students and employed one teacher. Bagley was shown on the 1936 county highway map as an unidentified settlement of one business and scattered dwellings at a site on dirt roads between the forks of Jernigan Creek. That year Dion McDonald built a new store, and shortly thereafter the Jot 'Em Down Gin Corporation, named for Lum and Abner's fictional radio store, was organized. The state highway department later used Jot 'Em Down as the community name for maps. In 1949 the Bagley school was consolidated with the Pecan Gap district. A 1964 map showed six farms at Jot 'Em Down. By 1970 local children attended school in the Fannindel Independent School District in Fannin County. The community was still shown on the 1984 county highway map, though no businesses were indicated. Jot 'Em Down in 1990 reported a population of ten. The population remained the same in 2000. Source: Handbook of Texas Online