Texas History, Genealogy, Old Photos, Postcards, Maps, and Information.
Javascript is required to view this map.

Brushy Mound, Texas

History

Brushy Mound. Community surrounding a Methodist Church built 1891. Named for dogwood brush then covering area. In 1885 the Brushy Mound School was founded. Miss Mollie Wood was first teacher. Present church was built in 1917. The school was consolidated with East Delta Independent District in 1949. - Historical Marker Text.  Marker erected 1968.

Location

33° 20' 57.516" N, 95° 46' 19.632" W