Broadway is located at the intersection of County Road 245 and 156, near the junction of U.S. Highway 82 with Farm Road 836, east of Crosbyton in eastern Crosby County forty-five miles east of Lubbock.
The name of the community, which refers to the breadth of the prairie, was suggested by "Uncle" Shorty Reynolds, who built the first general store in the area about 1924. Ira Benton delivered mail to the gin that R. A. Crausbay built at the crossroads about 1926. Though by the mid-1980s the gin and store were closed, the buildings were still standing. The population was twenty in 2000. Source: Handbook of Texas Online.