Fisk, is located in south central Coleman County on Farm Road 1026. The town was originally called Togo after the Togo Gin which was built in 1905. The name remained until 1907, when the community applied for a post office. There was already a Togo in Texas, so the name of Fisk was chosen. An eight-sided tabernacle was built as a community building in 1907. The Woodsmen of the World were active in Fisk from 1911-1919. Early businesses in Fisk included a boarding house, blacksmith shop, barber shop, library, general store and other businesses.
Fisk History from the Handbook of Texas Online
Fisk History from the Coleman County TXGenWeb site