Law's Chapel, Texas
Law's Chapel Methodist Church. First Protestant church in area. Founded in 1853 by George Law and wife Martha, pioneers from Georgia. Members first worshipped under a brush arbor, then in a log structure. In 1859 joined Methodist Conference, began present building 1869. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1968. Located on FM 2329 about .5 mi. off US 59 about 6 mi. SW of Atlanta.
Laws Chapel Cemetery. Originally a family cemetery, this burial ground began upon the death of Henry G. Law (1813-1854), son of George and Martha McDonald Law, who died shortly after the family moved here from Georgia. The site eventually became a community cemetery and another son, Richard R. Law, donated 6 acres to the Laws Chapel Church and Cemetery in 1869. The graveyard later was shared with nearby Piney Grove Baptist Church after it was established in 1887. Expanded by 1.5 acres in 1941, the cemetery continues to serve the community and remains a chronicle of the pioneers, veterans, and families of Cass County. - Historical Marker Text.