Denton Valley, Texas
Denton Valley, also known as Denton or Denton Community, is located at Highway 26 and Highway 604, southwest of Baird and west of Cross Plains. Land in the area was largely owned by the Texas & Pacific Railroad and the State of Texas until the 1850s-1860s. G. W. Denton, a pioneer settler, after whom the town was named, became the largest private owner of land in the area. Residents in Denton petitoned for a school in 1899. By 1916, Denton Valley had a post office, blacksmith shop, gristmill and cotton gin. By the 1970s, two churches, the Denton Valley Store and a cemetery were all that remained of the town.