Texas History, Genealogy, Old Photos, Postcards, Maps, and Information.
Javascript is required to view this map.

Caldwell, Texas

History

Caldwell 1858.  Caldwell, the county-seat, is a pleasant, healthy, and flourishing village, situated on the San Antonio road, about eleven miles west of the Brazos ; it contains seven dry goods and other stores, and fortunately but one place where liquor is sold. There are good male and female schools, affording excellent opportunities of educating children. A Masonic Lodge, a Temple of Honor, and one of the most capacious and best built brick court-houses in the State ; also a Methodist and a Baptist church building. The population numbers about 300, who are moral in their habits, intelligent, and courteous to strangers. - Braman's information about Texas, 1858

Location

Caldwell, TX 30° 31' 52.734" N, 96° 41' 34.908" W