Grosvenor, Texas          

 

 

 

Grosvenor, on Farm Road 1850 some sixteen miles northwest of Brownwood in western Brown County, was named for Senator Charles H. Grosvenor of Ohio. A post office opened at the settlement in 1900, and by 1914 the community of fifty residents supported three stores. By 1940 it had one or two businesses, an elementary school, and forty-two residents. Its post office closed during the mid-1970s. In 1980 the estimated population of Grosvenor was thirty-one.

from the Handbook of Texas Online

 

1936 Map of Grosvenor (and inset at right)  from General Highway Map of Brown County, 1936 View map legend

Map of Grosvenor, Texas