Site of the town of Marion, known as early as 1828 as McNeill's Landing. In 1831 it consisted of over 200 buildings. First county seat of Angelina County, 1846 - 1854. - Historical Marker Text. Marker located 12 miles east of Huntington on SH 103, 2.5 miles north on CR 147.
The first county seat was Marion, the first Commissioners Court being held there on April 12th, 1847. On Dec. 22nd, 1854, it was moved Jonesville. - History and description of Angelina County, Texas, 1888