Texas History, Genealogy, Old Photos, Postcards, Maps, and Information.
Javascript is required to view this map.

Homer Businesses 1888

Homer Businesses 1888

The names of some of the merchants and professional men doing business at Homer.

W. W. MANNING.
This gentleman has a finely fitted up drug store replete with every thing pertaining to the business. It enjoys a wide spread reputation having been established in 1854. Mr. Manning is also interested in the drug store of W. W. Manning Co., doing business in the town of Lufkin.

MANNING & RUSH.
This firm has been doing business since 1858 and deals in dry goods, groceries, notions, &e.; they also sold large tracts of land throughout the county, which they have placed on the market, at reasonable rates and easy terms.

W. J. TOWNSEND.
This gentleman, who is an Attorney-at-Law, represents the owners of 100,000 acres of timbered and farming lands in Angelina county, some of which arc the finest in the county. He will practice law in all the courts of this and adjoining counties.

G. J. COLLINS
Is the proprietor of one the Homer hotels, and also of a saloon and family grocery. He sells honest goods over his bar, and keeps an assortment of family groceries, and successfully caters to the comforts of guests. His hotel is a popular resort.

J. D. GANN.
Mr. Gann is an Attorney-at-Law, Land Agent and Surveyor. Besides practicing in the County and District Courts at Homer, he will also appear in the U. S. Circuit and- District Courts at Tyler, When his services are required.

JOHN W. DAVIS.
J. W. Davis, Esq., is an Attorney-at-Law and Collection Agent. All business entrusted to his care will receive prompt attention. He makes collection a specialty and is a success in this business.

HERNDON, GOULD & GANN.
This firm is composed of W. S. Herndon and Judge G. H. Gould, of Tyler and J. D. Gann, of Homer, they devote their entire attention to land litigation, having offices both at Tyler and Homer, and their practice is very extensive.

History and description of Angelina County, Texas, 1888

Location

31° 17' 20.688" N, 94° 38' 17.736" W