Fasken, in east central Andrews County, was established in 1917 by the Midland Farms Company as a speculative enterprise. Since the site was on the newly built Midland and Northwestern Railway, it was hoped that substantial numbers of settlers would move there. The community soon had a depot, store, hotel, barbershop, school, and zoo, and many town lots were sold, but few buyers actually took up residence. In 1923 heavy rains destroyed much of the track, and the railroad was abandoned. Fasken rapidly declined and had completely vanished by the early 1930s. Source: Handbook of Texas Online.
Fasken appears on the General Highway Map of Andrews County and Gaines County, 1936, revised 1939, 1940, from the Texas State Archives.